Wednesday, October 22, 2014

No Knead Bread - Red Bean Buns with Green Tea Cookie Crust (aka Red Bean Green Tea Melon Buns)


Instead of using up the No Knead Bread by making cinnamon rolls, I decided to switch things up a little and make some Red Bean Buns.

Because I've bookmarked this other recipe - Green Tea Red Bean Melon Buns by Grace - for a while now, I decided to just "copy" the matcha cookie crust.

Unfortunately, the recipe wasn't complete - the recipe said to cream the butter and sugar together, but the quantity of butter to be used wasn't stated.

So, for simplicity, I decided to omit the butter and just add enough flour to bring the mixture together. I think I added too much flour though. But it wasn't too bad.



This is my version of the Green Tea Cookie Crust for the bread. I think I added too much flour. 

RECIPE for Green Tea Cookie Crust

Ingredients:
27g Plain Flour {perhaps 25g would be enough}
1/4 Tbsp Green Tea Powder
15g Sugar
15 Egg (I used egg yolks only as I had extra egg yolks left in the fridge)

Instructions:
Mix all the ingredients together to form a dough. Press into flat circles. Glaze the buns with egg glaze and top with the cookie crust. 


-

Reviews
Me (I was the only one who ate it because my parents don't like green tea stuff): I felt that the bread was a little tough. The crust could be softer (reduce amount of flour).

The bread could be softer. I'm guessing I didn't fold / seal it properly for it to rise well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...