Sunday, October 26, 2014

Lemon Souffle

The souffle 1 minute after leaving the oven. It sunk rather quickly. 
I decided to make Lemon Souffles today!

Two reasons:
1) I've always wanted to make a Lemon Souffle, and
2) I have a lemon in the fridge that I had to use up. Lemons are rather expensive these days and allowing it to rot in the fridge ain't an option. :)


I used Martha Stewart's Recipe except that I didn't make them in lemons since I didn't have extra lemons (and they are expensive these days) AND it takes too much effort.

The recipe filled 4 ramekins.


Reviews
Everyone loved it.

It had a nice soft creamy texture (felt like I was eating a cloud). Mom and Cyn felt the lemon taste could be stronger. Perhaps cos I didn't use exactly 1/4 cup of lemon juice. And perhaps, I could have reduced the sugar a little.

There were 2 left over and we shared it as a post-dinner dessert. It was nice to see everyone clamouring to have a piece of it. ^^

I'm guessing I should have baked the souffles at a slighter lower temperature so the top doesn't char and I can cook it just a bit longer to stabilise the mixture a little more. Hopefully this will help it to stay risen for a few more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...