Sunday, November 16, 2014

Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins


I made Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins again today, since I was on a personal mission to improve the recipe.


The most amazing thing was this. I used the same recipe and method as the last time, with only 2 seemingly unimportant changes:

  1. I used these paper cups (I still placed them in muffin tins during baking as these paper cups are rather thin and can't quite hold their shape very well), and 
  2. Instead of mixing the chocolate chips in, I stuffed them into the middle of the cupcakes after pouring the batter into the paper cups (which were filled 4/5 of the way up).

And, they puffed up. And stayed up. So, I'm still not getting the humongous muffin tops I love to see in photos, but strangely, they puffed up nicely, and the cakes were rather light. 

I liked the texture, and dad seemed to like it. But because he only had one, I'm not confident in the recipe yet. Got to test it out again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...