Thursday, December 4, 2014

Red Bean Bun (An Pan)

This post is a week late. 

I wanted to clear up a few "to-do" items before I started my new job since the hours are a lot less flexible (9-6 desk job).

My dad's been asking for me to make red bean paste since he bought a pack of red beans.  He had also suggested that I make red bean buns after he had tastes the soft pandan buns I made last week. 

So, combining the two, An Pan was a natural choice. 


Making homemade red bean paste is a lot easier than expected. It just takes time. You just soak the red beans overnight, boil them till they're soft, cook and mash them with sugar (to taste). And voila!  

Then the next thing is just to make the buns. The recipe I use required an one right sponge, so I did that the night before. I finished making the dough and making the red bean paste the next day. A little time planning is required so the paste has time to cool and thicken. 

Portioned, rounded and ready to be filled

Preparation part 2

Being so smart, I forgot to takes picture of the buns resting in the pans before baking. *shakes head*

But well, they came up fluffy and soft. So that's great. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...