Monday, May 2, 2011

Gluten-Fre​e Strawberry Cupcakes



I decided to be a tad more adventurous and try this recipe from Joy the Baker because it uses coconut flour!!

Bob's Red Mill coconut flour - not exactly cheap, but it smells SO GOOD! The deep coconut smell blows me away! I'm really excited to try out more recipes using coconut flour!

In any case, because I didn't have fresh strawberries, I used frozen strawberry puree, which I chopped and mixed into the batter at the same step as the fresh strawberries.

The cake was not too bad - it rose from 2/3 of the muffin cup to full cup. It remained flat - didn't flatten nor did it rise. A perfect cupcake in that way!

But it doesn't taste that good without a frosting, which I didn't have and was too lazy to prepare. Cake was very moist and felt more muffin-y than cupcake-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...