Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pandan Chiffon Cake


Tried to make my Okashi edit of Pandan Chiffon Cake. It looked perfect in the oven - it went up all the way till the top of the tin.

But after cooling upside down in the tin, it FELL OUT and SANK!!!!!

I'm guessing it may be because I underbaked it (it was still slightly moist), or because it was heavier due to the coconut milk....

Anyway, I was so depressed that I tried this other recipe, with some changes. In any case, the cake dropped from the tin, after a while, but did not sink. Still wet. Rebaked for a bit. The cake also tasted ok, not spectacular. It didn't rise really high either.. I used a 21cm tube pan instead of a 22cm, and it didn't even raise to the top of the pan. :(

Mom (the one who really likes pandan chiffon cake) says the new one is too sweet, though fluffier.

More experimentation required!!! But at least the one I did today didn't sink? Hrmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...