Saturday, September 6, 2014

Flaky Skin Mooncake

Ready for the oven


It's the last weekend before Mid Autumn Festival! So, this is my final batch of moon cakes.





Flaky mooncakes this time. I used a different recipe this year, choosing this Taro/Yam Flaky Mooncake recipe. But for the first batch, I added some green tea powder because I love green tea desserts! But to be honest, somehow this recipe doesn't seem as flaky / crispy as the previous recipe I used in previous years.



Love the Melon Seeds!
I also decided to spruce the mooncakes up this year by making them look like rabbits and pigs, because I've been seeing so many photos of these cuties online! It's a little time consuming, but I love how they turned out.

Since dad and mom don't like green tea desserts, I woke up early this morning to make half a batch of the plain version. Thank God I had some lotus paste left over!

I think they look better before going into the oven. Maybe I should make my snowskin mooncakes look like this next year. ^^

But there just wasn't enough lotus paste. So, I filled the remaining dough with homemade red bean paste. I differentiated these by making them look like little bunnies!
Rabbits wanna-be. Dad thinks they don't look like rabbits. 


Oink! I'm out from the sauna!

Ready to hop

So now, we're all ready for celebrations tonight! Happy Mid Autumn Festival! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...